Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy birthday to Darren Aronofsky



Director Darren Aronofsky turns 42 today. This has be a good year for him in earning his first best director Oscar nomination for Black Swan. I personally like his work, though I have come across those that haven't been as big of fans as I am. One thing that cannot be denied, is he somehow has a way of getting his actors Oscar nominations. Ellen Burstyn was nominated for Requiem For A Dream ( my personal favorite of his ) Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei for The Wrestler, and most recently Natalie Portman for Black Swan this year.

It appears his next movie is doing a Wolverine film with Hugh Jackman. This doesn't surprise me at all when I first heard this news, as Aronofsky has done this type of big scale film in the past with The Fountain.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Started to really pay attention to film ( movies ) what was going on in front of the camera, but more interestingly, behind it as well at about as far back as age 10. Motion pictures ( when good ) are a fascinating medium. All the work and prep that goes into filmmaking. It's an amazing process !