Saturday, May 15, 2010

Barney's Version trailer



This movie doesn't have a lot of buzz surrounding it, but I read the book ( by Mordecai Richler ) and just checked it out again from the library, and it reads like a screenplay. That's how I felt when I read it originally.
It's stars Paul Giamatti as Barney and Dustin Hoffman as his eccentric father. Also cast in the film is Rosumund Pike, Minnie Driver, Rachel Lefevre, Scott Speedman, Bruce Greenwood, Maury Chaykin, Mark Addy, Saul Rubinek and Dustin's son Jake Hoffman. Richard J. Lewis, who has directed over 30 CSI episodes helmed the film.
If this film garners any word of mouth and favorable praise, I could see Oscar nominations for Giamatti, Hoffman and adapted screenplay. But at the same time, it could be one of those movies that gets missed in a too limited release. I hope not, because I think people will like it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Started to really pay attention to film ( movies ) what was going on in front of the camera, but more interestingly, behind it as well at about as far back as age 10. Motion pictures ( when good ) are a fascinating medium. All the work and prep that goes into filmmaking. It's an amazing process !