Monday, April 26, 2010

Michael Caine as Harry Brown out Friday 4/30




I was initially a little leery when I heard about the premise of Michael Caine's latest film being released Friday ( most likely in limited fashion ) because the back story is vigilante/revenge milieu, one that is probably the most done genre in film.
But... the thing that may change my mind are two things. 1) It has Michael Caine in it. He's good in even average film fare. 2) It's got an 82% approval rating. Obviously that means 8 out of 10 people liked it. That's pretty good.
I'm hearing many compare it to a senior citizen version of Jodie Foster's The Brave One. I guess in the end, you can only find out for yourself and seeing it and coming up with your own analogy.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Started to really pay attention to film ( movies ) what was going on in front of the camera, but more interestingly, behind it as well at about as far back as age 10. Motion pictures ( when good ) are a fascinating medium. All the work and prep that goes into filmmaking. It's an amazing process !