Thursday, April 29, 2010

It is a nightmare



I wrote about this more than a year ago, and here we are just a day away from the release of the Nightmare On Elm Street remake.
I said it then and I'll say it now...another unnecessary remake, especially with something like this that this particular franchise has it's own cultish following. And you really think Jackie Earle Haley can top Robert England as Freddie ? Exactly.
It's no surprise to me that it's recieved only a .09 % approval rating. Yet, what do you bet that it will be the box office leader for this weekend ?

1 comment:

ladydrez71 said...

I'm with ya ! Totally agree. No need to remake this. We all know what the best really is. Feel sorry for the kids these days too.

Good site by the by. You come with it from an original, non copy cat way compared to some other movie sites out there. There are some that are so close in look and reading material, I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between them. This is refeshing because it's just straight up movie information and not so much info screaming out at you, to where you almost feel overwhelmed with all that content and advertising.

I also appreciate your knowledge of filmmaker's that are behind the camera too. I am just learning cinematography myself, so I like it when you keep us posted on what new projects some of them are doing.

I'll continue reading.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Started to really pay attention to film ( movies ) what was going on in front of the camera, but more interestingly, behind it as well at about as far back as age 10. Motion pictures ( when good ) are a fascinating medium. All the work and prep that goes into filmmaking. It's an amazing process !