Thursday, April 29, 2010

Eastwood wants DiCaprio for Hoover project






So it's official; Clint Eastwood's next project is going to be a film about J. Edgar Hoover. Intriguing. I have always wanted someone to tackle this subject. The screenplay is written by recent Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black ( Milk )

If anything, I hope he addresses some of Hoover's demons, or shall we say idiosyncrasies. I have read about Hoover in many biographies, and there is popular speculation's of the man ( most important that he lived his life as a hypocrite ) so I hope Black touches upon some of these issues.
As with the Leo casting...I have no qualms with that. He is a fine actor. If he can portray Howard Hughes he should have no problem with Hoover.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Started to really pay attention to film ( movies ) what was going on in front of the camera, but more interestingly, behind it as well at about as far back as age 10. Motion pictures ( when good ) are a fascinating medium. All the work and prep that goes into filmmaking. It's an amazing process !