Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Edelstein slams Inception



David Edelstein, New York Magazine's film critic has been the first of well known critics to take his shots at Inception. I'm not going to write his full review and nor do I want to read it before I see the film. That's my movie going mantra. I don't read reviews before I see a film, so I can go in fresh with an open mind while watching the movie. I don't want to read a positive or negative review. I want to make up my own mind first. Then it's kind of fun to read the reviews after I have seen a film to see how much I either agree or disagree with that certain review.

I did see Edelstein's review title and it says this..." Clunky, confusing on four separate levels of reality "

I remember he didn't care for The Dark Knight either. Maybe he just doesn't like Christopher Nolan. Who cares ?! Not me. I have been all over this film since it was in pre-production. I like the casting, and the crew Nolan has assembled to work on the film and I am also a fan of all of his movies. I know what I like as a film goer, and I would be shocked if I don't like it. I will sure find out Saturday afternoon.

1 comment:

Maynard said...

Edelstein is a pussy !

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Started to really pay attention to film ( movies ) what was going on in front of the camera, but more interestingly, behind it as well at about as far back as age 10. Motion pictures ( when good ) are a fascinating medium. All the work and prep that goes into filmmaking. It's an amazing process !