Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy birthday to director Frank Darabont



Frank Darabont turns 52 today. You might say " who ? " He's not an exactly household names when it comes to famous directors such as Martin Scorsese, Steven Spielberg or even Ridley Scott, but... that is quite OK with me, as I feel he deserves to be paid the attention as I think he directed one of the best movies of all time, at least in my humble opinion. Well if you didn't know it's none other than The Shawshank Redemption. Darabont is not a prolific director. He doesn't have a whole lot of movies in his filmograhy, but the couple other films he has directed such as The Green Mile and The Majestic I thought were good movies.

The last film he directed was the horror themed The Mist, which I feel is one of his weakest efforts to be honest. He has nothing listed for upcoming projects other than directing a episode of the popular new A&E series The Walking Dead. I'm very interested as to what project he chooses next.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Started to really pay attention to film ( movies ) what was going on in front of the camera, but more interestingly, behind it as well at about as far back as age 10. Motion pictures ( when good ) are a fascinating medium. All the work and prep that goes into filmmaking. It's an amazing process !