Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Clooney and Depp ?

In a way I hope this is just a rumor, but if it is actually Hollywood fodder, it has me scratching my head a little. The rumor mill around La-La land is that George Clooney and Johnny Depp are close to signing to star in a film adaptation of The Lone Ranger. Yes, you heard it right. Clooney as LR and Depp as Tonto. I can't get my head around it at this point. I could see it if it's a straight up parody, but not as a true drama. Who knows, if they kept it from being a blockbuster and had a good director attached and had it be somewhat cutting edge, maybe it could work, but it just as of now sounds strange to me.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Started to really pay attention to film ( movies ) what was going on in front of the camera, but more interestingly, behind it as well at about as far back as age 10. Motion pictures ( when good ) are a fascinating medium. All the work and prep that goes into filmmaking. It's an amazing process !